Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today I am challenging myself to 50 days of running.  Found a fantastic article online, and I am committing this promise to myself.  I will have two "easy" run/walking days (recovery) days, to decrease the risk of injury.  I am currently on week 6 of the Couch to 10k - and loving it.  I do this 3 days per week as my hard runs.  I will also cross-train and such as well, but this will get me through the holidays - while boosting my self esteem.  

Tonight's run consisted of a 5 minute warm up, run one mile (or 10 minutes), walk 3 minutes, then run one mile (or 10 minutes) with a 5 minute cool down.  I did a much longer cool down, because my legs were tired.  I ran between a 5.0-6.0 pace - the fastest i've ever ran honestly (i'm a turtle...).  I couldn't be happier with my progress.  I ran/walked a 5k in 42 minutes this evening.  This is amazing for me, considering I had a LONG cool down (walking at a 2.5 pace for the last 5 minutes). 

I have been struggling with food still.  It's an internal battle.  Today, I have done well, and made positive choices overall.  I have counted every single point.  Every one.  I promise.  I feel good about it.  I do have a couple of challenging days coming up - so I am determined to get some exercise in and be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment